You want to write something, but can't think of what to write about. Well here is something 4jow - "This is an extempore blog"...Let's see whether I have any skills in "blogoration".
Lets see how the day went....Had lunch at D'Pauls at Janpath....It used to be such a popular hangout during my student days - light on the pocket; heavy on the tummy.
It was during my first year in college that I was initiated to pleasures of milkshakes and snacks in the very Western sounding joints - Keventers and D'Pauls. I still remember the first time I went to Keventer's. I went in a college group....I didnt quite know what the place was - I was scared that it would be a very expensive (the name sounded so, at least) - But then I was suddenly in this hole in the wall round a corner in the Inner circle - the love story began. There is such a nice feel to the phrase, "sasta aur tikaau" :-)
Duh!! Here I am trying to write something, and what do I write about - Milkshakes in CP.
Duh!!! - Once again, its that smooth satisfying experience of being at the exalted pinnacle of pristine and unadulterated numbness.
Just looked at something that's running on TV - IPL - Mumbai Indians Vs Knightriders.
Kolkata's innings has just got over - well you can score a trailblazing series of advertisements, eat cricket balls on TV, but no matter how many times you sing "Korbo, Lorbo, Jeetbo re", you can't expect to win a schoolboys match if you only score 64 runs!!
_____________________________________________
Left the perch for almost a day without completing the blog. Its a brand new evening. Kolkata crashed to the worst defeat in what can only be called, for want of any other technically correct alternative, IPL history.
It may be a brand new day - but the mental frame is still pretty much the same - Duh!!
The day went past well though - watched yet another movie, that I've wanted to watch for a long while - "Ek ruka hua faisla" ("ERHF hereafter). Sree-B, my colleague had strongly recommended this movie to me a couple of years back. Even though, I generally respect Sree-B's views on most things in life, I never managed to watch this movie.
Wikipedia once again tells me that even this movie is a remake of a hollywood movie - "12 angry men". What is the problem with wiki? It looks like they are running a low key smear campaign against all our poor desi unimaginatively unoriginal story-writers. I mean how does a bit of inspiration hurt anyone?? I mean, shouldn't Hollywood support their shortcomings in original, albeit unwittingly and unknowingly. I mean, what if the inspired story-writer ignores certain minor technicalities like the impossibility of a jury trial (that too for a murder case) in Indian jurisprudence. But then you can always borrow a great plot, and then our chaps with so much of style quotient over content quotient can always "adapt" any movie on Earth to what they think is the Indian situation.
Ok, this is where I'll stop my rant against ERHF, and start the raving.
Oh man!! The characters were so well developed. It sounded like a perfect jury - seemingly responsible citizens from all walks of life, coming with their own baggages of past, emotions and attititudes. It almost looked a motley gathering of 12 individuals engaged in an animated conversation in a train ka dabba.
You could see in action many of the conflicts that is seen in day-to-day life:
- Fact based discourses versus the impatience of the gut feelers
- People who talk the specifics versus people who generalise
- Objectivity versus Subjectivity
- People who are intrinsically inspired versus people who follow others
- Assertiveness versus timidity versus aggression
- People who hide their abilities on account of lack of confidence versus people who expose their shortcomings on account of ignorance of self, ill-camouflaged as confidence
- People who paint a given community in any color versus those who are loath to do so.
- Passion versus dispassion
- Rule-followers versus rule-breakers
- Maturity versus immaturity
- Even "True mumbaikars" versus "'Son of the soil mumbaikars"
The above certainly is not an exhaustive collection, but is hopefully a compelling extract to get the reader to watch this movie.
Even though the movie ends in ambiguity, the moral at the end is there for those who care to look for it. 4Jow, it can be put down as:
"Life, the greatest source of ambiguities, throws up situations where there are no rights and there are no wrongs. The objective in such cases has to be true satisfaction at the end of the situation. This satisfaction can only be achieved with the information that you have performed your calling sincerely. That you have clearly understood your role and you have rigorously executed the same"
Its good that I have started documenting my thoughts (which becomes a sureshot & foolproof way of getting to think those thoughts in the first place!!). Otherwise ERHF to me would have largely been "Duh!!"
Now that this post ends here -
Duh!!! - Once again, its that smooth satisfying experience of being at the exalted pinnacle of pristine and unadulterated numbness.
No comments:
Post a Comment