4JOW IS BACK!
Not that too many people would be shaken and stirred by this.
But to me, it matters. I somehow over the last 5 years stopped writing. I started off writing a separate blog on movies somewhere else. But that has also pretty much stopped over the years.
Now 4JOW gets back full steam.
As of now, I have no idea what I want to write about. That has been the bane for this blogger. The inspiration comes at a time, when I dont have the time and space to write. And when I do, I hit blogger's block.
Its time to move on. I am now starting to write at break-neck speed. In fact if I analogized my current typing (if that word exists) to driving on the road, I am right now driving like a maniac without knowing where I am going or why I am headed there. But then I have always liked driving, and I have always liked writing. So getting back full steam
I have used the word full steam twice....sorry thrice now.
Now to topics, what is the first thing that comes to my mind - "Carrots". I have no idea why Carrots came to my mind. Probably something freudian :) ......I was referring to my deep depressed intellectual connect with Bugs Bunny. Dont know what you were thinking off.
Coming back to Carrots, and more importantly to vegetables. Has anyone ever seen how the fruits and vegetables market has changed in India (specifically Urban India) - it is maddening. Let us break by parts what I mean:
1. Supermarkets have become the place of choice for Urban aparment living upper middle class consumer.
2. There is a certain snootiness that I now see in fruits & veggie buying. Even if there are two shops selling practically the same vegetables, the upper middle class and their army of maids / plumbers / drivers / guards / electricians seem to shop at different places. The english speakers (for want of any other term) shop at the place where fruits are stacked much more attractively, and shop-keeper is more urbanely dressed.
...just before some of you start cringing - I am not passing any judgements here. Merely recollecting anecdotally wat I observe.
3. Online groceries. This is one convenient option. Thank you online people. You have ensured that now I dont need to take the elevator / stairs and cross the road. You would do that for me. Now I can stay better connected to my anti-social networks even better - as I am doing right now.
4. The old huge markets - mandis - I see one every day while commuting. But just dont stop. I know I will get things cheaper, and more importantly ...."fresher". But No, that is not as convenient as doing thumb-yoga on my android.
People, I know I am boring you with my emotions - but you have no idea, how good this feels. It is just that over the past few years, I got focussed on things took my energies, and leaving me to do things I loved to do.
Getting back to Writing, Photography, Reading and Watching great, good, average, bad, ridiculous movies [I am serious, Shera, Dada, Trumpcard, are just a few of the movies that I have watched with rapt attention...I dont even want to talk about Gunda. For the bad movie snob like me, Gunda is pretty much pre-school stuff]
Getting to pre-school, I am now a Dad of a pre-schooler. Now you can understand what kept me away :)
Again, digressing back. See, the best part of writing is you start inventing concepts on the fly... "digressing back" as opposed to digressing and "focussing back". "Focussing back" is an example of deterministic and directed behaviour. Digressing back would be a random brownian intellectual movement, where you suddenly realize that you've come back to the original spot. So, digressing back to carrots, to fruits and veggies, to online shopping, the mobility+social+e-commerce thing has caught on so much.
The best part is none of what you see are original trend-setters. They are India-specific great copies (but copies, nevertheless) of highly success trend-setters from the Western hemisphere - Amazons, Ubers, Craigslists, and I dont know what else. In fact, they are not even original copies. The early 2000 Indian dotcoms went bust, along with the term "dotcom".
But then I realized today Naukri is probably the only "dotcom" that has been in continuous and public scrutinized existence for the past 15 years or so. That must take some capability. They are probably the only "Dotcom" from 1990s/2000s to still survive and lead or closely lead the pack, that I can remember.
Baaki, all well at my end. You will hear from me on my favourite topics - what I observe in the urban public arena, movies, photography, travel - the works. I want to make this blog work this time around.
P.s. The title says "Jumpcut". Been a while since I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey. Remembered the pre-historic throwing the bone - Jumpcut to 2001 - bone metamorphosizes to some kind of longitudinal space station.
P.p.s: Btw, which country would Commander James Bond fight for after September 18, if the Scots opt out.
Not that too many people would be shaken and stirred by this.
But to me, it matters. I somehow over the last 5 years stopped writing. I started off writing a separate blog on movies somewhere else. But that has also pretty much stopped over the years.
Now 4JOW gets back full steam.
As of now, I have no idea what I want to write about. That has been the bane for this blogger. The inspiration comes at a time, when I dont have the time and space to write. And when I do, I hit blogger's block.
Its time to move on. I am now starting to write at break-neck speed. In fact if I analogized my current typing (if that word exists) to driving on the road, I am right now driving like a maniac without knowing where I am going or why I am headed there. But then I have always liked driving, and I have always liked writing. So getting back full steam
I have used the word full steam twice....sorry thrice now.
Now to topics, what is the first thing that comes to my mind - "Carrots". I have no idea why Carrots came to my mind. Probably something freudian :) ......I was referring to my deep depressed intellectual connect with Bugs Bunny. Dont know what you were thinking off.
Coming back to Carrots, and more importantly to vegetables. Has anyone ever seen how the fruits and vegetables market has changed in India (specifically Urban India) - it is maddening. Let us break by parts what I mean:
1. Supermarkets have become the place of choice for Urban aparment living upper middle class consumer.
2. There is a certain snootiness that I now see in fruits & veggie buying. Even if there are two shops selling practically the same vegetables, the upper middle class and their army of maids / plumbers / drivers / guards / electricians seem to shop at different places. The english speakers (for want of any other term) shop at the place where fruits are stacked much more attractively, and shop-keeper is more urbanely dressed.
...just before some of you start cringing - I am not passing any judgements here. Merely recollecting anecdotally wat I observe.
3. Online groceries. This is one convenient option. Thank you online people. You have ensured that now I dont need to take the elevator / stairs and cross the road. You would do that for me. Now I can stay better connected to my anti-social networks even better - as I am doing right now.
4. The old huge markets - mandis - I see one every day while commuting. But just dont stop. I know I will get things cheaper, and more importantly ...."fresher". But No, that is not as convenient as doing thumb-yoga on my android.
People, I know I am boring you with my emotions - but you have no idea, how good this feels. It is just that over the past few years, I got focussed on things took my energies, and leaving me to do things I loved to do.
Getting back to Writing, Photography, Reading and Watching great, good, average, bad, ridiculous movies [I am serious, Shera, Dada, Trumpcard, are just a few of the movies that I have watched with rapt attention...I dont even want to talk about Gunda. For the bad movie snob like me, Gunda is pretty much pre-school stuff]
Getting to pre-school, I am now a Dad of a pre-schooler. Now you can understand what kept me away :)
Again, digressing back. See, the best part of writing is you start inventing concepts on the fly... "digressing back" as opposed to digressing and "focussing back". "Focussing back" is an example of deterministic and directed behaviour. Digressing back would be a random brownian intellectual movement, where you suddenly realize that you've come back to the original spot. So, digressing back to carrots, to fruits and veggies, to online shopping, the mobility+social+e-commerce thing has caught on so much.
The best part is none of what you see are original trend-setters. They are India-specific great copies (but copies, nevertheless) of highly success trend-setters from the Western hemisphere - Amazons, Ubers, Craigslists, and I dont know what else. In fact, they are not even original copies. The early 2000 Indian dotcoms went bust, along with the term "dotcom".
But then I realized today Naukri is probably the only "dotcom" that has been in continuous and public scrutinized existence for the past 15 years or so. That must take some capability. They are probably the only "Dotcom" from 1990s/2000s to still survive and lead or closely lead the pack, that I can remember.
Baaki, all well at my end. You will hear from me on my favourite topics - what I observe in the urban public arena, movies, photography, travel - the works. I want to make this blog work this time around.
P.s. The title says "Jumpcut". Been a while since I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey. Remembered the pre-historic throwing the bone - Jumpcut to 2001 - bone metamorphosizes to some kind of longitudinal space station.
P.p.s: Btw, which country would Commander James Bond fight for after September 18, if the Scots opt out.
No comments:
Post a Comment